Welcome to Stannington Village Pre-School. we are a term time provider based in the Green room at the Lomas Hall
Mornings – 9.00am – 12.00am,
Afternoons – 12.00pm – 3.00pm (includes lunch – your child will need to bring a packed lunch).
We also provide an early start from 8am each day and a late finish to 4pm, subject to demand and availability.
Each session is run by a Manager, deputy manager & 3 supervisors. We have one member of staff appointed as a SENCO worker. A key person is designated to work alongside each child to ensure a personalised curriculum. Our staff aim is to guide each child through a stimulating play based environment. Please feel free to stay for a while until you feel your child is happily settled.
Please let us know if there are any changes to your contact details – we are dependent on the accuracy of this information when your child is ill or at other times that we need to get in touch.
Fees for Pre-School from September 2021 will be charged at the rate of
- £16, per session for children aged 2+
- £15 for children aged 3+
- Early starts are £6per day and late finishes are £5per day, (subject to availability).
- Invoices will be issued at the start of each half term.
- Paid for hours can be taken in combination with funded hours.
Bank credit is our preferred method of payment. If your child does not attend all of your booked sessions the amount payable remains the same.
Persistent late collection will incur a charge of £5 per half hour or any part thereof over 15 minutes.
Free Early Learning funding
2 year olds
- Eligible from term after 2nd birthday subject to strict qualifying criteria. Click here for more information on Free Early Learning.
- If your child is aged 2+ and eligible for 15 hours funded nursery education a week – we will provide the necessary paperwork once we have your confirmation code and have confirmed your eligibility.
3 & 4 year olds
- 15 hour Funded early learning open to all children – Eligible from the term after 3rd birthday – click here for more information on Free Early Learning.
If your child is aged 3+ and eligible for the universal 15 hours funded nursery education a week – we will provide the necessary paperwork and make the application on your behalf.
- 30 hours Extended funded places – available subject to strict qualifying criteria.
If you would think you are eligible for the extended offer of 30 hours of funded education a week – we are unable to apply for you – you will need to check your eligibility and apply via the following link www.childcarechoices.gov.uk or www.gov.uk/childcare-calculator.
We will provide the necessary paperwork once we receive your confirmation code.
Applications must be made prior to the start of the month in which term begins.
Please call or email if you need help or additional information or if you would like to book in additional sessions.
If a child leaves pre-school without notice, pre-school will be able to claim 4 weeks notice from the FEL. During this 4 weeks, the child will not be able to claim funding from another provider. If your child is eligible for the grant but you wish to use your entitlement elsewhere you will be charged the grant rate. Funding will be paid for up to two weeks holiday per year. Parents will be liable for all fees exceeding this.
How to Pay for Non Funded Sessions
All children 2,3 & 4 year olds
Paid for by parents/carers at the current rate;
No limit on the number of hours taken, can be used in combination with funded hours
A bill will be produced at the start of each half term.
Other payment methods
For childcare costs in addition to the Government funded hours there are a number of schemes available:
- Tax Free Childcare: for every £8 you pay in, the Government pays in £2
- Childcare vouchers: available through participating employers
- Tax Credits or Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance if eligible
You cannot access all of these programmes at the same time, so you should research which one is best for you. Click here for an online Childcare Calculator to help work out what’s available.
More information on the different options is available at www.childcarechoices.gov.uk.
Please talk to Sarah Brown or email Anne Fellows at email@example.com if you need further information.